My rifle sling is ticking me off

I had the same problem and it drove me nuts so I went down to the local Wal-Mart and picked up a neoprene sling for $6.95. I love it. It may not be as good as the ones mentioned above but it works for me.

The only problem with the outlaw sling is when you are also carrying a back pack or my turkey pack that has a seat built into it.

The butler creek and the claw work well for the normal types of slings.

Back in days of old when I had a leather sling, I wanted a sling that would not stay wet forever and bought some issue AR slings at a gun show for $2. each.
They tended to be slick.
I just smeared some rubber glue on the inside. problem solved.
Works on fleece gloves also.

Hang gun with sling on your shoulder over what you wear hunting. Take a sharpie & out put a dot at edge of sling, sew medium size button on shoulder....sling stays. Simple as that. All my hunting outerwear have buttons sewn on them (both sides) just due to the fact slings slip all the time. They have not slipped on me for 30 yrs now after I started putting buttons on my stuff.

The Claw does work well. The inexpensive sling I prefer is a Boonie Packer. They stick real well to your shoulder, are easily adjustable for different clothing, and they are only $12.99 at the BiMart's here in Wa./Or. Have several and always keep a spare in my truck just in case I grab a rifle from the safe that is not already slinged.

Nelson

Last edited:
I have the Claw also on one of my rifles but the swivels want to loosen all the time..any one else had this happen and what did you do about it? I have been thinking of putting something on the threads but want to be able to remove them also...Thanks Gity

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitHas anyone ever used the type of sling the biathaletes use?

Anyone?? also what do they use so i can look at one!!

The Outlaw Sling - It is a double shoulder harness sling.
Hands Free! Worry Free! Carry your rifle, shotgun, any long gun, on your back like a pack.

timberbutteoutdoors.com

Just put a Claw on my Savage 12FV, hope it works as well as everyone claims. Will be on my sniper stand at 6:30 tomorrow morning after a 3/4 mile walk.

Originally Posted By: IdahoDawgBustrThe Outlaw Sling - It is a double shoulder harness sling.
Hands Free! Worry Free! Carry your rifle, shotgun, any long gun, on your back like a pack.

timberbutteoutdoors.com

I think that's the one I want.

Originally Posted By: snowcamomanGet the Quake "Claw", it stays put better than anything I've tried.

http://www.quakeinc.com/slings.html

I have the claw and have to say that it stays put better than any sling I've ever used. BUT if you use a gun boot on your quad or anything that it slides into go with the Butler Creek with the dots, I like the shell loops on them also.

Back